How to Setup and Configure Linksys Wireless Router
Linksys router is considered as a wireless router because it offers WiFi connectivity, it allows you to connect various devices to your Linksys Wireless Router.
The ability to access the Wi-Fi signal on your Linksys router is dependent on multiple conditions. The router has security features used to safeguard your connection against intruders. If these routers are not configured correctly, you may not be able to gain access to your router.
In this we provide you the information about how to setup Linksys Router? The below are the steps to follow to setup Linksys Router manually.
Steps to Follow to Setup Linksys Wireless Router
The below is the process to follow for setup the Linksys Router manually.
- To setup the Linksys Router first of all you have to power cycling the modem and router.
- For that you have to do is unplug the modem and router from the power source.
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN or Internet port of the router.
- And then power on your modem first, then your router by plugging them back to the power source.
- After doing all this process then you have to setup manually.
- For that connect your computer to one of the Ethernet ports of the router.
- And then launch your browser in the system and enter the IP address in the address and press enter.
- The default Linksys IP address is 192.168.1.1.
- And then click on login. By using the default password for the router and the user name is not necessary for the Linksys router.
- Then the configuration page will open, in that under the Internet WAN, click Connection type.
- And then select your connection type and click next.
- Then enter your ISP details and click on Apply Changes button.
- Then click on the wireless tab to configure in the setup page. You can change the wireless network name and wireless channel.
By that you can setup your Linksys Router by your own.