How to complete configure NETGEAR wi-fi router. Step by step to setup and install my NETGEAR router. How do I log in to my NETGEAR router at routerlogin.net
Netgear Router Setup
Netgear is one of the bestselling wi-fi router in India. Most of the people are using their services. Setting up their wi-fi product is not so hard like many brands, Netgear comes with user-friendly setup. Generally, Netgear ships preconfigured products to their user but we need to change some small settings. We will show you how to completely configure the Netgear wi-fi router.
Generally, people, who have trouble with their connection would recommend to go to their router website for configuration but the most irritating thing is forgetting their IP address of the router. Netgear simply provided www.routerlogin.net as an alternative to your IP address.
For changing the settings, you will need to connect the router to your PC by Ethernet connection. Then you can go through their website to change the settings.
www.routerlogin.net was configured by the Netgear to just remove the trouble of searching for the IP address to login. Even some of the users are don’t know how to configure their router. For the Netgear simplify their website to easy configuration. It also has a lot of odd and even features i.e. parental control, Guest network mode, Network speed Test and etc… weekly or monthly updating of the router is a must because to reduce the bugs and connectivity issues. Thanks for the Netgear for the regular updates to keep the router to new network technology.
The update keeps your router with the full security and keeps out the threats from the router premises. You can easily update your router with the help of their www.routerlogin.net website. You will find the updated router option to update your router and keep out of the threats and bugs.
Netgear Router Login and Configure
Step by step to Login and Configure Netgear Router for First Time
If you buy a new Netgear router and you are trying to configure for the first time then here we will show how to set up and log in to your router for the first time through the below simple steps:
- Firstly, you need to connect the Netgear router or modem to your PC by the Ethernet connection. Take the ethernet cable and connect your PC by the WLAN port.
- After giving a perfect connection you will have to reboot your system and wifi router.
- Once your system is turned ON, open any browser and go to the www.routerlogin.com website.
- You can also use the Netgear router default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1.
- You will be redirected to the login page then use the following;
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- If the above details are not worked then try to reset your Netgear router and follow the above steps.
- After successful login goes to the advanced options and then see your Netgear default IP address. Note down the IP address of your router for next time login.
- If your router running out an older version then check out for the updates and click yes if the update is available.
- Try to avoid pause during an update is in progress it may corrupt your router firmware.
How to Update Netgear Router Firmware?
Updating firmware is very important for security and reliability. It keeps out the threats and bugs from the surroundings and keeps your network secure. Errors may be resolved by updating your router. So, you need to update whenever it asks you to update your firmware. By the following steps, we will show you how to update your Netgear firmware.
- Open any browser and search for your router update by its model name.
- Download and keep it in a folder.
- Now, open another tab in the browser and go to the Netgear webpage i.e. www.routerlogin.net, enter your username and password to log in.
- Go to the advanced options and then click on the administrator settings.
- Select firmware update it will redirect to the file manager then you need to browse and select the file that you downloaded past.
- Now click on the update option.
- Previously I say you not to pause or not to turn off your router or computer while updating. It may damage or corrupt your router.
- After a successful update, you can see your router will start blinking and restart. It means your update is successful. Now you can enjoy a much better and secure network than the past.
How to Remotely Access Your Netgear Through Mobile Phone
One of the best features of the Netgear is you can control or access your Netgear router through mobile phones. Through the Netgear mobile genie app, you can remotely control your Netgear router where ever you are.
- On your mobile phone open Play store or App store.
- Tap on the search icon and type Netgear Genie.
- Install the app on your mobile.
- Open the Netgear Genie app.
- Connect to the Netgear network.
- You can see the login page, so, you need to enter the login credentials.
- After that, you can see the dashboard in which you can control your Netgear router remotely.